Allie over at Rocking E Cowgirl has provided the following questions for the first hop in her summer blog hop series, thanks Allie!
- What is your earliest, clearest horse memory? Hmm. I feel like the first time I fell off is the clearest. It was on a lesson horse before we got Logan. I hadn’t tightened my girth on Patty, the little fleabitten Quarab that was my favorite and when I started trotting, the saddle went under her and dumped me into the electric fence. I still have a faint white line on my right bicep from scraping it on a fence tensioner on the way down. Lesson learned! Check your girth!
- Describe the perfect summer day. Sleeping in until 10 or so, having a good breakfast then going floating/swimming in some water through the heat of the day. Something light for a late lunch, then as it cools down, a nice quiet ride in the shade until dinner, preferably Mexican with margaritas.
- Are you reading anything right now? Tell me about it! I’m not. I need to do better…
- Do you follow a celebrity (horsey or non) that you’re embarrassed to say fascinates you? Tell me. NOW. Honestly all I’m coming up with here is Gina Rodriguez and I’m not terribly embarrassed to follow her. Moreso how often I check Instagram stories for her (and other Jane the Virgin cast member) updates. Gina is currently working on building strength for an upcoming role and is doing a lot of pull ups so she posts a lot of videos of that, and since she is kind of in the “plus sized” celebrity category (I use this loosely) I find her relateable and very down to earth and encouraging.
- What is your single most biggest horsey dream or goal? I’d love to go to the western dressage world show with a horse and do well. Winning optional (and unlikely). Just getting there would be a feat enough considering I’ve yet to keep anything sane/sound long enough to ride consistently enough to justify a local show.
- If you were at Starbucks right now, what would you order? Honestly, I don’t do Starbucks as I think they’re overpriced and I’ve never tried something there I’d get a second time. I do drink a lot of Chai lattes from Sheetz though, which is kind of the same thing, but cheaper.
- What is your biggest equine pet peeve? When people give their horses bare minimum of care (if that) “because of the money” and spend stupid amounts of money on other hobbies, etc. instead. If your hobby is a herd of live animals, you owe them at least basic care. So, you know, hay in winter or when there is no grass and trimming their feet on a somewhat regular basis…
- With everything going on politically and in the media, tell me, do you follow it religiously? Tune it out? Or something in between? I’d say something in between. I don’t want to dwell on it too much because there isn’t much, if anything, I can do to change it. Politics in the area where I live lean heavily towards conservative ideals, so I try to keep my head down to avoid arguments with people who don’t have any interest in my actual opinions as much as they do telling me their own, often immediately chastising me for thinking differently than they do.
- If you had to show your horse to a song, what would you choose? LOL for Copper it’d be Adderall by Max Frost (well, in his current state). If behaving, he and Paige could both go to Brother by Needtobreathe and Gavin DeGraw.
- What are you most looking forward to this summer? I, sadly, don’t have anything planned yet. Maybe a trip in early July, but its in the fly by the seat of your pants phase, so its hard to tell… No shows planned either due to lack of $/lameness issues. We’ll see.